Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm Thirty Four...


Right Now...

Ella Kate is watching Hi-5, again... she could watch it for hours if you let her, getting up to dance and sing along throughout...

Jake and George are wrestling and I have decided to close the doors to my room and let them...The only rule I told them was "no crying!" So why am I hearing crying now?

Grace is fast asleep, coming down with the cold that George and Ella Kate are getting over.

Popcorn is popping, for the kids afternoon snack, one of the few things they can all agree on...

Diet Dr. Pepper for me, first soda in months (kidney stones)...as I try and assess this situation that is me at thirty four...

Breathing treatment for George...

Outside my window is our yard that is parched to say the least, burned to the roots from the blazing sun is more like it.

I am trying to contain the clutter...trying not to let it win. Trying to embrace the tinker toys, the cheerios, the tiny light sabres from Jake's Legos, the stuffed dogs, the bits of play dough, the pajamas George took off this morning and left on the floor, the stuff that is our life. Because when I'm sixty four I'll be missing that stuff...

I am wearing a grey Under Armour shirt and my light blue New Balance running shorts, even though I haven't gone for a run yet. My hair is in a ponytail, per usual.

I am going to go for a run tonight after the sun goes down...because the morning got away from me and now it's too hot to go run outside unless I am asking for heat stroke.

I am reading My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult

I am thankful for the people in my life that get me... and although it's even more work than I expected I am thankful to have the littles home with me enjoying the summer fun together...the swimming and the whining, the playing and the fighting, the sharing and the shoving...

I am hopeful that I'll always be young at heart!

Looking forward to the year ahead and what it may bring my way...



No comments: